Rackspace extender provides a long-distance WiFi speed and you can connect up to 35 devices at one time. But sometimes people are not unaware of the potential of their device. So, here are five things about Rackspace extender setup that you must know.
Let’s start with the basics.
What is Rackspace AC1200 Extender?
Rockspace extender is a dual-band WiFi booster. Rockspace is the brand name of AC1200 extender. In this WiFi extender, you get an advanced chip. The security of the WiFi extender becomes better and the privacy of the network is secure with the help of this chip.
This extender device gives you a 2.4GHz and 5GHz speed. With the help of this speed, your WiFi network works smoothly and is able to watch HD videos and movies without any internet connection issues. In this extender device, you get 4 modern antennas.
Connect Extender to PC
Note: Login username, password, and IP address you can get these at the back of the device. So you must have to check it and click on the enter button.
- First, you have to select the mode but on this device, you will get the three modes.
- Router mode.
- AP mode.
- Extender mode.
- Put a plug in the rockspace extender and router. Wait for a few seconds.
- The Rockspace WiFi extender will be started and the light of the extender will start blinking and become solid to green.
- You can see the open WiFi signal in the WiFi list and connect your mobile phones and PC with them and enter the WiFi password.
- After that open any web browser and go to the address bar and type re.rockspace.local
- Now, you can get a login page of the rockspace extender on your screen.
- At last, enter your admin username and password.
- Click on the enter button.
- As a result, select all the WiFi settings and install the rockspace AC1200 extender.
Setup Rockspace WiFi Extender
Note: Whenever you press the WPS button of the router and extender within 2 minutes. After 2 minutes your rockspace AC1200 extender does not connect to the router.
- For the setup, your extender must be in access point mode.
- Switch on your rockspace WiFi extender and select the access point mode on the admin login page.
- Now, make a WiFi name and password.
- After this, press the WPS button on the router and extender.
- Wait just for a few seconds.
- Further, the LED light of the device starts blinking.
- As a result, your extender device is connected to the router.
How you can do Wired Connection
If you want to have an internet-wired connection to your device then follow these instructions:
- First of all, you have to need an ethernet cable or LAN to connect the ethernet access point to the extender and system in the ethernet port.
- Now, you find the WiFi network list and connect your device to WiFi.
- For connecting your device, you may enter username and password.
- After that, your WiFi is connected to the device.
Check Whether the Setup is Complete or not
There are two methods to check whether the setup is complete or not
- First, the light of the extender must be solid.
- Second, the status of the internet should be normal.
In the first method, the LED light of the Rockspace AC1200 WiFi extender may differ after the setup of the LED light. It may depend on the colour of LED light but the digital signal changes solidly. That means the extender is successfully connected to the router.
The second method is the easiest way to check the setup of the extender . First you need to open any web browser and enter in the URL by rockspace official website re.rockspace.local. Now you can set a password that you can use to login into the extender on your computer.
After the login, you go to the settings of the extender and tap on the status to check the internet connection status of your extender. If everything is fine then it means that the extender is successfully connected to the router.
How you can Reset WiFi Extender
- If you forget the password of the WiFi extender, then you will need to reset your device.
- Press and hold the reset button of the extender with the help of a paper clip.
- Wait for a few seconds, till a light flashes.
- Now, remove your hand from the reset button.
Note: After the reset of your extender you must need to set up the extender again. If you don’t know how to set up the extender then don’t worry, follow the Rockspace extender setup guide.
We think this information will help you to get a proper solution but if you are facing this problem then comment in our comment box. Stay tuned for further updates.