A public procurement portal is a site that is exclusively launched by governments to monitor the execution of public procurements by government enterprises. The governments of developing countries such as India have come up with this idea primarily to concentrate on micro and small enterprises. The apex objective would be to achieve the overall procurement goal of at least 20 percent of the annual purchases total from the services and products engendered or rendered by the micro and small business enterprises.
The government has taken some initiative in mitigating the issues of following a laborious procedure in filing the procurement order, the online portal site has been introduced. Here the supplier could file an online application against the buyer of the goods or services. This will help the lender in settling disputes with the debtor, they also play a vital role in monitoring the delayed payments. This filing by the supplier could be easily filled out in the online tenders portals rather than waiting for a selective authority to sign the paper and proceed further. The online portal also helped in truncating the delays in obtaining a reply from the concerned authority to the supplier.
Salient notes addressed by the public procurement portal:
- This platform has been made for the tender to gather details on the award by the governments, non-profit organizations, or Public Tenders organizations.
- They also offer tenders to access the documents at no charge.
- They also provide freedom to the tender in publishing the documents and alongside can also correct or redress any errors in the documents with ease. This is not applicable in traditional procurement documentation.
- The public does not need to register or provide any of their details to the portal for gaining access to viewing the tender documents.
- The portals provide another easy method for the tender in tracking their tender decision. This can be done either through SMS or email. The portal will send the tracking information where you can view the current stage of your procurement.
- In case the public has any doubts about viewing tender documents or placing their bid, they can just dial a toll-free helpline facility which would be available 24/7.
- The portal designers also tried their best to make the site look more amicable for the tenders, this way it would not confuse the person in choosing their requirement and would save lots of time in not doing so. The site will offer categories of the tender, types of the tenders, products available, types of organizations, and the name of the organization, and accordingly, the tender can select the option they required.
Additional goals of the public procurement portal:
- Public procurement portal it is a primary concern for the portals to eschew any form of human discretion or the interference at maximum level. They also are sure to provide the users with easy availability and accessibility of the complete audit trails, data for evidence and so.
- Provide service to and reach a maximum range of users within the country, without any issues or complexity in the bid submission process. It is a primary goal for these sites to make it as simple as possible to make sure every sector of the population is benefitted from the service.