Everyone wants to look put-together and presentable at all times but getting ready for the day is often a time-consuming chore. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to just roll out of bed, put on some clothes, spray some perfume and walk out the door? While a full-fledged makeup routine can be relaxing at times, it can also be tedious when you have a busy day in front of you. That’s one of the reasons why people opt for permanent makeup in Dallas, TX.
What is Permanent Makeup?
Permanent makeup is a convenient alternative to traditional makeup that you apply and takes off every day. Experts call the process micro pigmentation and it is similar to tattooing. A trained artist will use small and thin needles to deposit pigment into the upper layers of your skin. A similar treatment is used by medical professionals to cover scars and correct vitiligo spots.
Permanent makeup treatments have advanced considerably in recent years. Experts have developed techniques that produce durable, safe, and appealing results. All permanent makeup treatments require touch-ups in order to extend the life of your original treatment, and most are quite painless. If you want to get permanent makeup in Dallas, TX, take time to understand the pros and cons of the treatment before committing to it. There are many misconceptions about permanent makeup floating around on the Internet so an open and honest consultation with a qualified expert can help.
What are the Most Popular Permanent Makeup Treatments?
There’s a permanent makeup alternative for almost every part of our makeup routine. Whether you want bold and defined brows or rosy lips, there’s a semi-permanent solution available. Here’s a look at some of the most popular techniques:
- Microblading – Microblading is the most popular permanent makeup treatment today. A qualified artist will fill in your brows by tattooing hair-like strokes into the upper layers of your skin. This treatment gives defined and natural eyebrows so you don’t need to spend time filling them in every morning. Microblading is a very flexible technique so clients can choose any style, color or shape they desire.
- Microshading– Microshading is similar to microblading but it gives a denser, bolder brow. Instead of tattooing hair-like strokes, the artist will fill the brows in with tiny dots of pigment. If you like using brow pomades and pencils, this treatment is a good choice. Microshading may be more suitable for people with oily or mature skin and those with large pores.
- Powder Brows– Powder or Ombre brows give a very powdery effect. Artists use a similar method as the micro shading technique to create Ombre brows, carefully tattooing dots of pigment into the upper layers of your skin. However, with Powder Brows, an electrified machine is used during the treatment instead of a manual tool. If the ombre effect is applied, the brows will be lighter in front of the brow and darker towards the tails, giving them a more dramatic look.
- Permanent Eyeliner– Clients can add some definition to their eyes by getting permanent eyeliner. If you want a subtle look, consider getting lash liners. If you prefer a winged eyeliner look, consider a permanent winged liner. Similar to traditional tattoo techniques, the permanent makeup artist draws the desired eyeliner shape on the eyelids as a guideline before filling the section with pigment. This treatment can last for 12-18 months depending on your maintenance.
- Lip Blushing– Lip blushing is the process of adding some color and dimension to your lips. It makes your lips appear fuller and more defined and ensures it has an even color. The process is less involved and more superficial than getting lip fillers and provides a more natural result.
Speak with an experienced artist to get a better idea about permanent makeup in Dallas, TX. You can discuss your concerns during the consultation, ask questions, and make an informed decision regarding the treatment. It is important to remember that semi-permanent makeup is a long-term decision. It will last for a few years depending on the procedure you get and your lifestyle. Speaking with a trained professional will help ensure you are happy with your decision.