The need for comfortable, low-cost energy homes is increasing. More persons want to live in a home that is not affected by a change in season (winter and summer) and the associated cost of keeping it comfortable when the need arises.
Have you thought of double-glazed windows as a solution? Yeah, double glazing is a cost-effective way of keeping your home comfortable while spending less on energy bills for transient weather conditions.
To make you understand better if double-glazed windows will do your home good, this post outlines the benefits and downsides of double-glazing.
But what is Double Glazing?
Also described as double-glazed windows, these are Insulated Glass Units (IGU), where one window system consists of many glass panes. In this case, double glazing has two glass panes. This window system has glass panes separated by a spacer and a sealed layer of air by design. A typical spacer is designed from a metal or polymer strip with a drying agent to keep moisture in the space dry. All of these are fitted into a window frame wide enough to accommodate the additional pane.
That said, let’s discuss the advantages and disadvantages of double-glazing compared to regular windows.
- Energy-efficient: Regardless of what the outside temperature is, cold or hot, the trapped air between glass panes in double glazing works as an insulation system. This keeps the room warm when its cold outside by not allowing the heat to escape, and it helps keep the room cold when there’s heat outside by stopping the cool air from leaving the room.
Both during winter and summer, you won’t be using much of your heating and cooling system. What does this mean for your savings? It implies that you will be saving power prices. Installing double glazing is a smart way to put down household energy costs.
- Stop dangerous mold buildup inside the house: Double glazing keeps condensation caused by natural humidity in check. By preventing potentially toxic moulds, these windows save people from respiratory diseases like asthma and lung infection.
- Noise is reduced: Whatever is happening outside won’t disturb your peace inside with double glazed windows. So, you need not bother about that party next door or the sound of traffic if you need to sleep.
- Secured and safe: Burglars cannot break a double glazed window the way they would a regular window. This extra security and safety is a plus to your home protection, especially when you have little children.
Obviously, double glazing is really a worthy option, but let’s see the disadvantages before we conclude. Meanwhile, London emergency glaziers can install double glazing for homes if you need them.
This comes down to priorities. It is better explained in the following:
- Window function: For optimal insulation, 150mm space between panes is the best recommendation. With this, you won’t hear human voices and sounds from planes. However, thermal insulation can be lowered. So, consult your window expert on what you need and consider it a priority. They will advise you on what window design fits your condition.
- Cost: Definitely, double glazing is more expensive than single glazing, and this is a primary downside of this fixture. But you should consider the cost of controlling the indoor temperature when comparing single and double glazing. If you sum up the additional cost of climate control and single-glazed windows, they become the most costly option. Picking a quality supplier at a reasonable price can help you reduce costs.
You can now see that the benefits of double glazing exceed the disadvantages in the long term.
How to Choose a Double Glazing
A double glazed window with a 10 to 20mm space between glass panes offers optimal energy efficiency. However, spacing between panes can range from 6mm to 20mm, with 12mm being the least great spacing to provide excellent insulation. Having said that, let’s consider the window supplier. The best supplier is rated on three factors: quality, price, and warranty.
Check for Product Quality
An experienced, accredited provider with a quality product is who you should seek. Here at Emergency Glaziers London, we partner with top UK manufacturers to supply excellent quality products. Our windows and other glass works are fully compliant with leading industry standards for reliability, safety, and thermal performance. All products are tested before supply to customers. Of course, many years of experience have gotten us to providing only the best products.
Find the Best Price
All over the place, it is common knowledge that double glazed windows are expensive. But you see, at Emergency Glaziers London, we offer uPVC windows and doors for only 10 to 20 percent more than the cost of commercial-grade aluminum doors and windows.
Be Sure to know the Warranty
Get a supplier with a valid warranty on window products. We offer a 10-year warranty on our uPVC window and door frames. And they are specially designed to meet harsh weather conditions.
Double-Glaze your Home
So you are paying more on energy bills, and it’s eating deep into your budget; it is high time you switch over to the double glazing side and enjoy more benefits than you’ve ever imagined.
If you can save more money on power, have a safe and secured home, lower external noise, and keep harmful mould growths at bay with just a double glazed window, don’t you think it’s worth it?
Imagine how beautiful it would be to live in a home with aesthetically pleasing and functional windows. We are your London emergency glaziers providing quality where it matters most and decent cost you may not get anywhere else. Find custom windows for your home and any other commercial building today at our office. Let’s get to know your window needs, and be rest assured you will get value for your money.