Most of time people confused about the conversion process, In this article we try describe step by step process to convert an EDB file to an Outlook PST file
How to Convert an EDB File to an Outlook PST File?
A Step-by-Step Guide EDB (Exchange Database) files store Exchange Server’s in-process and saved non-SMTP messages. A user may need to convert an EDB file to an Outlook PST file for a variety of reasons, including mailbox size reduction, data backup, and so on.
Users can convert an EDB file to an Outlook PST file using either manual methods or a third-party software solution. We will explore the solution for EDB to PST converter in this blog, as well as the drawbacks of the manual way, which is why we advise against using free solutions.
What are The Benefits of Converting an EDB File to an Outlook PST File?
Outlook is a well-known emailing platform that is well-known for its distinctive features and easy-to-use interface among consumers and businesses. Outlook has become the preferred choice of users as their email software due to its ease of use and functionality. The conversion of an EDB file to an Outlook PST file format is also due to Outlook’s performance and the available environment. The following are some of the other benefits of converting EDB to PST files:-
- Reduce the size of mailboxes to increase performance.
- If the mailboxes are unreachable due to Exchange Server maintenance, the data contained in the PST file comes in handy.
- Oversized mailboxes increase the danger of corruption; nevertheless, with the correct software, you may recover a corrupted EDB file and convert it to a PST file.
To properly convert EDB files to Outlook PST format, the user requires a safe, powerful, and user-friendly EDB to PST converter. Because converting EDB to PST is a complex process. As a result, using a third-party EDB to PST software solution is the most efficient approach to convert EDB files to PST.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Manually To Convert an EDB File to an Outlook PST File
The user’s EDB to PST conversion is required for improved emailing services and more user-friendly access. The user can convert EDB files to PST files using one of two approaches.
- Manual or unrestricted method
- Professional EDB to PST Converter or a third-party utility
Although the manual method is a free option, we recommend that the user opts for the professional solution due to its drawbacks. The following are some of the manual’s drawbacks:-
Advantages and Disadvantages of Manual Techniques
- During the converting procedure, manual approaches may take a long time.
- The procedure does not produce adequate results, and data corruption or loss is a possibility.
- Although the manual technique is a free option, it does necessitate technical expertise throughout the conversion, making it tough to utilise for non-technical people.
- Manual techniques can result in EDB files being permanently deleted or corrupted.
- Because of this flaw in manual techniques, we encourage users to avoid them and instead use a professional EDB to PST converter.
Using an EDB to PST Converter, Convert an EDB File to an Outlook PST File.
- EDB to PST Converter can be downloaded here.
- Run the software after you’ve installed it.
- To use the software, go to the ribbon bar and click the Add EDB button.
- Using the Search or Browse buttons, find and choose EDB files.
- When the EDB file has been selected, go to the Ribbon bar and select Export in Outlook PST from the EDB files drop-down menu.
- The subfolders page will now be checked or unchecked. Check the appropriate boxes and then press the Next button.
- You now proceed to the filter page, where you can apply a filter based on Process Message Class and Process Item Date, and then click the next button.
- Provide the information for the PST that results.
- The user must wait for the process to finish after all of the details have been filled out.
- After you’ve finished the process, save the report and click Finish.
The best way for converting EDB files to PST format is to utilize an EDB to PST converter. The software can not only convert an EDB mailbox to a PST file format, but it can also restore files that have been damaged or erased. It includes better security and speed features for converting high-end capabilities to work with any version. The software also comes with a free demo that allows the user to process the first 10 items per folder.
The Following are Some of The Advantages of Using an EDB to PST Converter:
- EDB to PST file conversion is quick and easy.
- EDB files can be recovered before being converted to PST format.
- Export EDB to Office 365 and Live Exchange.
- Before converting to another format, you can use the preview option.
- Convert EDB to PST, HTML, MSG, MSG Unicode, CAL, vCard, and more formats.
- Demo software is available for free to test the accuracy and quality of a product.
Last But Not Least,
Manual methods do not give a satisfying solution for professionals; they have numerous drawbacks. DataHelp EDB to PST Converter offers a more advanced solution for this. You must first test its functionality by downloading the trial version before making your selection.