What comes to your mind when we say the word “coupons”? Probably, the amount you are gonna save on your purchase, isn’t it? But everyone wondered what benefits the brands offering coupons have.
Obviously, they encourage the customers to shop from them and come back to shop from them. But what else? How do coupons end up boosting the sales of a fancy coffee mugs manufacturer offering coupons to their customers in comparison to their competitors? Offering coupons by various brands is part of their marketing strategy which tends to tempt their potential or regular customers.
A firm can earn quite some profits by using this way of coupon marketing in today’s e-commerce world. Find out 6 such effective ways below which will let you know the perks of doing promotions by the means of coupon marketing.
- Increases Sales and Traffic – Coupons act as a magnet and attract more and more customers. While looking for the coupons, a customer will go through your website, and browse through the store which will improve the bounce rate of your website. It will increase the traffic to your webpage. They will come back to shop for some gifts for sister or brother or whatever that you are offering over your shop and thus, will even end up increasing the sales.
- Creates Awareness For Products And Services That You Offer – Whether you are launching some new products or want to let others know about your store, by offering coupons you can well aware your customers all about it. Make some time limit based coupons to see some quick results for your coupon promotion.
- Captures Customer Data And Details – Staying in touch with your customers even after they have made some purchases can be your way of building a relationship. A brand that cares and keeps its customers updated with the products and services will be much more valued than the ones who don’t interact with their customers. And to do so, you will surely need the contact details like an email address or phone number. And if you offer a coupon to them, you can easily capture these details from them for strictly promotional purposes.
- Adds Up To Brand Reputation And Customer Loyalty – A happy customer will pass a few good words among other customers which will end up bringing them to shop at your store. Coupons help the businesses to build customer loyalty and repeat purchases that one can’t simply underestimate.
- Encourages Customer Behaviors – Did you know that via promoting your brand with coupons you can actually motivate certain customer behaviour? By doing so, you can encourage your customers to sign up for the newsletters, try out your new mobile application and answer survey questions – all of which will be fruitful for running your own business.
- Helps To Celebrate Festive Season And Other Events Together – Holidays/festivals and other special occasions are best celebrated when a brand celebrates it along with their brunch of valuable customers. A brand exists because of its customers so one can spread the joy of festivities as they get their customers’ attention by conducting some fun quizzes over social media and in return, offer them some coupon. Many popular brands use coupon marketing strategy on occasions like Christmas, Diwali, Valentine’s Day, Black Friday, etc.
So, we believe we have provided you with 6 major reasons to incorporate the idea of coupons in your business to boost sales numbers. Think creatively or out of the box and establish your brand as a friendly, accessible one that values human interaction/ emotions much more than any other factor. Be wise, offer coupons and ace your marketing game!