The main water pipe line that connects your home to the public water system is perhaps the most important part of your home plumbing. This is the main pipe that brings treated water inside your home and from which other pipe lines to various points of your home. This particular pipe works heavy duty and any problem or leak in this can be really problematic. But in most cases the main water pipe line runs underground and detecting problems can be really difficult.
If there is any damage in the main pipe line you will do better to call professional plumbing services for this is a situation that must be taken care of immediately. Problems you might face are
- Quality of water coming out at your home will be compromised
- Wasted water can result in considerable water damage, mold problem and also high water bill.
Here are a few signs those can be considered as indication of problems in the min water pipe line and it is time to call an Emergency Plumber Sydney.
- Compromised water quality: If all the taps in your house are giving dirty or cloudy water that is also smelly it is very much possible that the main pipe is broken or leaking somewhere and impurities are infiltrating the pipeline making him not suitable to drink or to be used for other household purposes.
- High water bills: Normally water bills are higher during the summer, but if you getting the same bill every month, there is every chance that it is being wasted underground and need to be taken care of. Unusually high bills for water consumption, for which you don’t have any reasonable explanation is a near sure sign of problem with the main water pipe line. You must also check the pipes inside or outside your home for possible leakages too.
- Strange sounds coming out of the pipes: In perfect working condition, the plumbing system of your home should work in silence. If your pipes are making strange sounds when you flush the sink or the toilet – that is a symptom of plumbing issues in the main water supply line or the main sewer line and needs immediate treatment for which you can contact 247 Plumber Sydney anytime you want to.
- Low water pressure: If only one or two plumbing fixtures are showing low pressure of water then there might be some local problem and not with the min pipe line. But if all the fixtures are showing the same, it is very much possible that there is a clog or leakage in the main water pipe line.
- Wet spots: If wet spots are appearing in the areas through which the main pipe line is running underground, then there is a possible leak in the main pipe trough which water is leaking out. If damp spots are appearing inside the house, like in the walls or the ceiling, it is cause of a major concern and contacting professional plumbers for a remedy is a must. You can also follow our another plumber blog